Due to the expansion of our operations, the Inishowen Rivers Trust now wish to engage another employee to provide administrative support for our current projects, in particular the River Guardians National Training Programme. We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated individual to help drive our aims forward in what is an exciting and dynamic environmental movement.
Education | Training | Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- ● Sound knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- ● Experience in cloud based workspaces e.g. Google Suite, Microsoft 365.
- ● Experience in managing Social Media accounts
- ● Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- ● Experience in working with general public and wide range of stakeholders
- ● At least 3 to 5 years’ experience working as an Administrator; or comparable work experience
- ● An interest in environmental issues and community development
- ● Confident, independent, structured, accurate and reliable
- ● Independent working
- ● Fast learner
- ● Positive mindset with a can-do attitude always finding creative and pragmatic solutions
*N.B. – The candidate must have their own transport, a full driving licence and their vehicle must be insured for business use in addition to their domestic use.
The Support Project Officer shall operate under the direction of, and report to, the Board of Trustees of the Inishowen Rivers Trust and liaise with the Project Manager. The post is initially for a period of 6 months, with the possibility of an extension thereafter, subject to funding.
Organise, monitor, evaluate and document training activities for the River Guardians National Training Programme; a national initiative of the Inishowen Rivers Trust and take on some administrative tasks for Board, Project Manager, and Project Officers.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
● Maintain accurate records and manage internal spreadsheets
● Prepare project reports and accounts, with Project Manager and Officers, for the Board
● Liaise with the Board on governance documentation and ensure policies are up to date and compliant with company law, charities compliance and revenue compliance
● Maintain accurate records of the activities of the Trust including timesheets, correspondence, events and volunteer hours etc
● Respond to correspondence and communication received by the Trust, managing Trust email account
● Coordinate the activities of the Inishowen River Guardians Programme as agreed with Board
● Assist in the organisation of volunteer events
● Assist in the organisation of public engagement events to raise the profile of the trust
● Manage the trust’s website and social media accounts. Help prepare and distribute the Trust’s electronic newsletter RiverView on a quarterly basis
● Keep accurate records of the Trust’s day-to-day financial accounts and prepare financial statements for the Board as and when required
● Manage staff office and ensure assets are maintained in good working order
Reports to: Board of Trustees and Project Manager
Responsible for: Administrative support for the activities of the Trust
Location: Inishowen area (home-based or Clonmany)
Salary: €18,000 per annum on a pro-rata basis
Contract: Part-time (20 hours per week), 6 month fixed term contract with possibility of extension (3-month probationary period applies)
Please email a CV (two pages max) and a covering letter (two pages max) focusing on your relevant experience and what you will bring to the role and to Inishowen Rivers Trust, and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 31st May 2023 @ 5pm
Interviews: Start of June
The Inishowen Rivers Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
This appointment is funded through the Heritage Capacity Fund 2023 provided by the Heritage Council.